Friday, August 24, 2012

Introduction

Hello World!! I am starting this blog about my journey learning about Information Security. I don't really anticipate anyone ever reading this, it is more for me to document the things I've done and what I want to learn more about. I will probably have a few quick posts on my background, what I want to learn, how I will go about learning it, and my ultimate goals and then from there maybe some updates on what I am learning.

One reason I started this blog is because I ran across a 2 part article last night from DigiNinja about Breaking Into Security (Part1 & Part2). One of the suggestions was to start a blog....so here I am. I have tried to blog about other things in the past but nothing really stuck so I hope this might go a little better. I also have to give a shout out to the folks at PaulDotCom for having a hand in my interest in InfoSec. I was introduced to their weekly podcast by a co-worker and 6-8 months ago and I have been listening to them every week since. I have also starting listening to podcasts from NetSecPodcast and Liquid Matrix. I really enjoy listening to all of the different perspectives these folks in the industry have and they also are usually pretty funny in the process.

I have always been interested in the Security side of Information Technology but so far my career has taken me the way of a server Sys Admin. I thoroughly enjoy what I do but InfoSec really catches my attention and I just want to learn more. I am especially interested in Pen Testing and Forensics. My 12 year career as a Sys Admin has definitely laid a great foundation on which to work from.

Well that is all for now. I will be posting more soon on my background and what I want to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment