Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back to Python

I am now done with studying for the CEH (passed exam last week) so I'm looking for my next endeavor.  I'm currently taking an Offensive Security (penetration testing) course from Dakota State so I'm still keeping those skills somewhat fresh with the course.

I've decided to go back to Python and dig into it more.  I read Think Python over the summer but didn't really put much effort into it.  I basically just read it and did the examples in the book, didn't really do any of the exercises or anything like that.  This time I am going to try to do the exercises and maybe post them on here just so that will motivate me to actually do them.  I'm currently using the book at http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ right now but will also use Learning Python 5th Ed., Programming Python 4th Ed., Python Cookbook 3rd Ed., Violent Python, and Gray Hat Python.  I really want to concentrate on how I can use Python to learn more about Pen Testing, Reverse Engineering, and Malware Analysis.

Hopefully I will be posting back soon with some answers to exercises as I'm diving into Python.

No comments:

Post a Comment